The hiring contract is between the hirer and the owners. Any booking incorporates the conditions set out below.
1. The property must be used by the hirer for holiday purposes only.
2. Provisional bookings may be made by e-mail or telephone. The booking form must be completed and returned with a 50% deposit within 7 days.
3. The balance must be paid two calendar months before the start of the holiday. If the holiday starts less than two calendar months from the booking date, then the full amount is payable.
4. The period of the let runs from 4.00p.m. [or earlier by arrangement] on the day of arrival, to 10.00a.m. on the day of departure.
5. The owner accepts no liability for any personal injury or theft during the period of the let.
6. The hirer is responsible for the holiday cottage or caravan and undertakes to take all reasonable care of it. To keep it secure and in a clean and tidy condition and to report any breakages or damage immediately to the owner and to make adequate payment to cover loss.
7. The owner retains the right of access to the property.
8. Rental of the property includes freshly laundered bed-linen. If you book for more than one week, then fresh bed-linen will be provided each subsequent Friday, if requested.
9. If, for any reason, the property is not available on the day, a full refund will be provided. In no event shall the liability of the owner to the hirer exceed the rental paid for the holiday cottage.
10. It is recommended that you take out holiday insurance to cover the cost of cancellation. All deposits are non-refundable, unless the booking is cancelled 8 weeks before the arrival date.
11. Any complaint arising either on arrival or once occupation has commenced must be brought to the owner’s attention immediately, so that the matter can be investigated and resolved.
12. The persons occupying the property shall not differ from those listed on the booking form except by prior arrangement with the owner.